It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1424, 1425, 1426, 1427, 1428, 1429, 1430 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
Brother Benos.

*He smiles*.

The monk who looked after me at the monastery.

*He hugs Philomena*.

This land isn't wicked. Most grimnians live their lives peacefully. It's only a few who wish to cause harm angel.

*He looks uneasy*.

Perhaps I should go to the Blue Dragon. That might be a better way. I just don't believe Keeler would kill a fellow knight. He's had plenty of time. Why hasn't he already?

*He smiles and strokes the mermaid's hair*.

But as for Gothar's jewel. I heard that it was a myth. A fairy story from eons ago. Many have gone after it, but no one ever returns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:51 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
We never seem to live in peace.

*Philomena sighs and rests her head against the knight.*

No, you should stay at home with the baby while I go to the Blue Dragon. It is a Chaos Engine stronghold, you could be hurt if you went. Or worse. Keeler would have had you executed without trial. I will be quite safe, I am not sure what we can offer Vort but there is bound to be something he wants... Other than me.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
We must just make the most of the good times. There are three of us now, and we have a good circle of friends.

*He smiles*.

I believe in equality Philomena, I always have. But why should I stay home with the baby, while you ride off into potential danger?

*He chuckles*.

Anyway, as you know I've been hurt many times, I'm full of arrow holes, and I have plenty of scars from battles. I'm trained to defend myself angel. The Chaos Engine would not attack me, they're gangsters, but they're running a business and they'd have no reason to do so.

*He sighs*.

As for Vort, as you like to call him, the only thing he will want is you. Everything else he can simply take. That's his nature, to take what he can't have.

*He kisses Philomena*.

Mermaids may not have much time for chivalry, but whether I am a knight or a tavern husband to be, I still have to do what I believe is right and honourable. I know you'll disagree with me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:46 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
The Chaos Engine might have no reason to hurt you, but Vortigern does. I know how injured you have been, what you fail to realise is how painful it is for me to see you bloody and wounded.

*Philomena trembles.*

When I think I am going to lose you... It is like the sun dims in this world. If you knew, if you knew the heartache it cause me you would not talk of putting yourself in danger so lightly.

*She kisses the knight.*

I do love your chivalry, but sometimes it is misplaced and it the only thing the causes arguments between us.. Besides, doesn't Karina deserve to be protected by you even more than me. She is in danger from kidnap by my people, for they know I would follow her back to the Dudrassa. Not that they would hurt her, but being abducted is very frightening.

*The mermaid sighs.*

Maybe I am the only thing Vortigern will ask for, and I know it is a price you do not wish yo pay but it is worth trying. Surely? I am in a much better position to negioate that you. Vort trusts me and perhaps I can persuade him with emotional blackmail rather than sexual favours. At the very least I might find out something about the robbery from Kursk or Bracewind. They would never talk to you. Let me do this my love. Please....

As for Keeler never killing another knight... How do we not know he was behind the murder of Sir Robert Pearl's physician and the knight guarding him? He as good as killed Drayger by picking him to fight you. You cannot believe the worst of him... And until you do, he will destroy us and all our friends.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
I would find it just as hard to deal with if you were wounded.

*He grips Philomena’s hand*.

But you are marrying a mortal man. But we’ve a long journey ahead. It’ll be a good one.

*He smiles*.

I will protect Karina, but I do have to protect you too. It is my duty not merely as a knight, but as your future husband and the father of our child.

*He wraps his arm around the mermaid’s shoulder*.

I cannot stop you from going, I know how wilful you are. The Blue Dragon is such a disreputable place.

*Shakes his head*.

And Kursk. Why should he want to help us? He’s evil, and who knows who he is working for now. He’s not a friend, and neither is Vortigern. They’re both wanted criminals. And if the Chaos Engine is protecting them, that makes them even worse.

*He sighs*.

Keeler. Who knows how deep the divide has become. Poor Dragyer. And Fenwix. He was a good man.

*He kisses Philomena*.

I shall head upstairs and cuddle Karina, I miss her when she's not in my arms!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Give Karina a kiss from me.

*Philomena draws a cape across her shoulders.*

There is milk for her in the kitchen and Arabella can help you if needed. Make sure you give her a bath, she likes the water ice cold like a true mermaid.

*She puts her arms around Kalvos and kisses him passionately.*

I will be back by dawn and you do not need to worry, although I know you will until I am lying next to you in bed once more.

*She tucks a knife in the waistband of her skirt and the back of her knee high boots.*

I can protect myself better than most realise.

Don't think I am friends with Kursk, I think we are both keeping our friends close and our enemy closer. He has faced me head on twice now and has been defeated. He knows I would destroy a nation to protect you and those I love... He changes tack to see if he can work better with me than against me but it is not a friendship but an uneasy alliance. Vortigern us different to Kursk, he still has a soul and he still loves. Perhaps if someone had helped him when he was younger he would not be so bad... Perhaps it is not too late to save him from wrecking himself.

*The mermaid leans in to Kalvos for a final kiss.*

I'll miss you.

*She turns and mounts the kelpie.*

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
Angel take Pergine’s sword. That knife is not enough to protect you. Although you can stomp anyone troublesome with your boots.

*He smiles and hands her the blade*.

I shall be lonely tonight without you and I’ll sleep beside Karina until you return.

*He looks uneasy*.

If you’re not back by the evening I shall ride out after you.

*He pats the kelpie*.

Look after your mistress, bring her back safe.

*He looks up at Philomena*.

Angel. Don’t trust Kursk, and be wary. Vortigern may still love you, but his nature can swiftly turn to hatred.

*He looks sad but manages a smile*.

I'll miss you too. Love you Philomena. Take care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
*Philomena's marsh hawk perches on the knight's shoulder with a note from the mermaid.*


Quote:
My darling Kalvos

I am perfectly safe here and under the landlord's protection. You must not worry I promise you. Vortigern is not here and I get the impression he is not working for the Chaos Engine. See, it was wrong of you to judge him so harshly. Anyway, there is a gentleman here who may be able to train you for your duel. I shall stay at the Blue Dragon a little longer so I can speak to him, so do not worry if I am slightly delayed. There is no need to ride out after me, please stay with the baby.
I hope Karina is well and not missing her mother. Although with such a doting father I am sure she barely notices my absence.

All my love
Philomena
Xxx

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
*Kalvos reads the note and smiles*.

Always looking after me. An angel at my shoulder and my side.

*He sniffs the paper and closes his eyes. The scent of Philomena's perfume is comforting*.

Love you too angel. Now. I must feed Karina.

*He folds up the note and slides it gently into his shirt pocket. He heads upstairs carrying a small bowl of mashed fish and vegetables for the baby*.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 am
Posts: 543
Location: By my lady's side
*The elf snatches the bowl from Kalvos.*

What by the Zoriat are you doing? She is not even a month old. She needs milk Kalvos, not baby food. Have you ever met a baby before? No probably not, knights don't have families.

*Arabella looks at him scornfully.*

Knights know nothing about raising babies, you should go back to killing and maiming and leaving the childcare to me. I wish to the Zoriat my Lady Princess had seen sense and married Sir Zevron Karn while you were in prison. He would have provided for her and the Duchess little handsomely. She would have had the best nursery maids, the best nursery, the best clothes money can buy. Instead my mistress is selling off her emerald necklace to pay for your duel training.

Hush now sweetheart.
*She picks up Karina and cuddles her.*

Arabella will take care of you while mummy is gone, little Duchess.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1424, 1425, 1426, 1427, 1428, 1429, 1430 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group