It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1413, 1414, 1415, 1416, 1417, 1418, 1419 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:23 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Queen's Elite
*He nods in acknowledgement towards Philomena*.

They made me as welcome as they could. I shall be leaving at first light. I have much to report in regards to the new born....

*He exits*.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:45 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
*Philomena looks round at the other knights and draws the baby closer.*

What does he mean about my baby? Why is her birth of any interest to the High Council? Surely nobody would mean her harm.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:47 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Queen's Elite
Ignore him. There's little to fear.. Gaunt is.... Well never mind what he is.... It's not my place to judge.

*He frowns and smiles*.

We did what we were ordered to do Princess. Until the danger has passed, I shall remain here. Shayle should do so too. Gaunt mentioned the High Council, we don't acknowledge their authority. Only Sir Robert or Cassius Loran can order us elsewhere.

*He picks up the suitcases*.

I'll take these cases up to your room. You and Kalvos have your hands full with the little one. And I'm sure you've much to tell your friends.

*Dravenore heads up the stairs with the luggage*.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:00 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
*Philomena smiles at Dravenore.*

You are very kind, I shall write to Sir Robert and tell him how grateful I am.

*She looks worriedly at Kalvos and whispers.*

Gaunt was one of the knights seen drinking with Keeler at the Blue Dragon. Why is he here? You promised me everything would be well when we returned... I am worried our daughter will be used as a pawn, and I am worried she is in danger. I don't want her to have that childhood, always scared of kidnappers or worse.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:55 am
Posts: 4
My Lady Princess, you make it hard to be found. I bring word from your grandmother, The Queen of the Crested Wave, the fair Empress of the Seas and Wise Ruler of all Waters.

*He bows low.*

She sends me to say that she has received the announcement of the birth of your daughter and though the circumstances are undesirable it gives her joy to know that you are both well.

*He hands the mermaid a scroll.*

Our great Queen has also agreed that as your... Ahem... betrothal to the human was blessed by the two river priestesses and the birth of your child was witnessed by them, the child in question has a legitimate claim to the title Duchess of Dudrassa. Even if...

*The merman looks at Kalvos with watery eyes.*

You decide not to persist in marrying the human... In fact she wl settle the Salt Lakes of Ammoon on the child if she is declared fatherless. One more thing... Your mother sends a gold rattle to her granddaughter and bids me bring a detail description of her.


Attachments:
File comment: Fit for a duchess
rattle.jpg
rattle.jpg [ 5.91 KiB | Viewed 821 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
*Kalvos stands up and bows to the merman*.

The rattle is beautiful and the gesture is kind.

*He smiles at philomena*.

Putting Gaunt and Keeler aside. That's all good news. I think angel.

*He smiles at the merman again*.

I thank you on our daughter's behalf.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Perhaps my beloved. We shall see.

*Philomena smiles at the knight then turns to the merman.*

I understand your words well. Tell my grandmother I want an official acknowledgment of Kalvos as the father, I want his name recorded in the Book of the Aquitani when Karina's birth is mentioned. Karina is not fatherless and never will be. All I wanted was the title that was her right, the Salt Lakes are not valuable enough to replace a father's love.

* The mermaid's face softens. She hands Kalvos the baby, then offers both hands to the merman to kiss.*

Tell my good mother that my heart aches for her to visit. She should come and see our daughter with her own eyes for I know she will love her.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
*Kalvos smiles at Karina's face and looks up at Philomena*.

It's good that you are asking for my recognition, but is your grandmother ever likely to be accepting of me? Not after what we've already been through surely? Such requests may only stir up more resentment. We're a family and that's the most important thing. And we've got good friends around us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:59 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Kalvos my darling, I am a Princess of Dudrassa and our daughter is a Duchess, I cannot let that insult to you lie. If I did not demand such an acknowledgment, it would be seen as a weakness in our relationship and they would persist in trying to drive a wedge between us.

*The mermaid puts her hand on the knight's shoulder and kisses him.*

Besides, you deserve to be recognised as Karina-Gwenllian's father. Whether they like it or not, you are their kinsman now. They must acknowledge it first and then perhaps in time it will be accepted.

*She sighs and tears form in her eyes.*

They are my family too Kalvos, it matters to me. I know you are as good as an orphan and cannot really remember what it is like to have a family but the mermaid bond is not easily broken. We do not sell our children into slavery or knighthood, and although I know they have acted wrongly, I am sure they have done it in good faith.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:55 am
Posts: 4

My Lady Princess...

*The merman smiles as he reverently kisses the mermaids hands.*

The Princess is no fool, human. My Lady Princess is like her mother, the beautiful and clever Onedina, a consummate player of the courtly arts. She knows how best to intrigue and bend the Court's will to her own. She will make a great queen one day, one who could make all the land dwellers tremble with fear if she fancies. A storm maiden on the throne, the Narran at her call... imagine the fierce power of her reign!

*He bows low.*

She is also not without her supporters in Dudrassa. The Sea Witch Menippe and her mother Onedina are both working to soften the Queen's heart. There are some who are prepared to overlook your human blood and low birth, and accept you as our Princess' chosen consort.

*The merman looks at the Princess with watery eyes.*

There will be some problems with recording the human as the little Duchess' father, he does not have possession of his own name.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1413, 1414, 1415, 1416, 1417, 1418, 1419 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group