It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 11:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1422, 1423, 1424, 1425, 1426, 1427, 1428 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
The letter? My grandmother is unwilling to name you as Karina's father while you are in disgrace with your Queen. She doesn't want Karina to be branded as the daughter of a traitor... There's worse. Evarne is seeking to protect my reputation by blackening yours. She has stated that I am being kept here by force by your violent temper, that you had a sword to her throat and threatened split her in two if she tried to stop you. Some of the knights of the Imperial Guard believe her and most of the populace. They think it is Queen Eleanour's wish to pollute the Royal Bloodline. My Good Grandmother, the Queen feels it best for this rumour not to be contradicted, in case I want to return home seemingly blameless.

*Philomena pours a firewater and takes a gulp. A few tears roll down her cheeks.*

Yes Arabella take Karina to bed please.

*She kisses the baby and Karina smiles as Arabella takes her upstairs.*

You can tell she is a mermaid baby, human babies don't smile until they are a few months old but mermaids are born smiling.

Yes let's write to Sir Robert... Would you be happy not to fight a duel? It would make my life more bearable, I feel I live on a knife's edge knowing any moment you will be called to the Arena and killed.

*The mermaid shivers and plays with her engagement ring.*

Black robes... Like Brothers of Shadow.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
Evarne is a hypocrite. Her assassins nearly killed me. My violent temper?

*He laughs*.

I think if I was violent towards you, I’d feel the full force of your flipper. You’d knock me into the middle of next week. And rightly so.

*Shakes his head*.

What should I do? Travel to the Dudrassa in person and explain myself? Writing letters never helped. Is there no one who supports us? Not one merman or merwoman who would defend your honour?

*He sighs*.

Sir Robert. Yes. We are attacked from both sides. At least I know he will do everything he can to help us.

*He strokes Philomena’s hair and smiles*.

I won’t be killed, but I must find Darius, he is still one of the best swordsmen in Grimney.

*He looks sad*.

Human babies have no reason to smile. Especially when they are born into a land like this. Karina will always smile, as long as we are there for her, she’ll be happy.

*He looks thoughtful*.

The Ilnarc, the Brothers of Shadow? I’d doubt that they would be involved in stealing weapons. What would they gain from that? They’re sorcerers mainly, spellcasters, they have no need on weapons. Why do you suspect them?



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Evarne is just trying to protect me. As for my honour, yes there are many who would fight for it but they believe that it is you who compromise it. Maybe once we are married it will be worth us both going before the Queen and asking for forgiveness. Mama supports us but everyone knows her weakness for humans, it is because of her the laws against marrying humans are so strict. Because of my father really... Human marriages cause misery and heartache, so they say.

*Philomena sighs.*

I am sure there are more who would help if they knew the truth. As for what is happening here. I think we need Vortigern to get that list, if we can prove that Keeler is a traitor planning to overthrow half the leaders in this country then surely they will pardon you?

*She glances at her mirror.*

The Ilnarc move through Grimney...I have seen them... They leave the shdows amd move amoungst the normal people... Something is amiss I am sure... They are in Gilgara, at least one was... And you said the weapons were enchanted, who knows what enchantment?

*The mermaid looks sad.*

I cannot find Darius in my mirror, he is dead. You must find someone else to train with. Once you have succeed in your duel we shall find time to mourn him.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:40 am
Posts: 14
Location: Grimney Tattler
What a quaint little bar... Roses on every table, an elegant touch. How sweet and old fashioned... in the middle of this dreadful mire.

*Ketty sits herself down.*

Now, pretty barmaid would you fetch me a little glass of florriliquer?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:57 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Of course madam. I am glad you like the tavern, we do our best to make our guests comfortable.

*She pours a drink.*

That is ten tobran. Shall I fetch you a menu? Oh please excuse me...

*Philomena picks up her mirror.*

What are you fine gentlemen up to?

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:40 am
Posts: 14
Location: Grimney Tattler
A beautiful face and a magic mirror... If this wasn't the middle of a swamp I would say you were a mermaid.


*Ketty sips her drink.*

But what would a mermaid be doing here?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:21 am
Posts: 12
Location: Farfell Monastery
*Brother Benos enters the tavern, he looks over his shoulder and sighs as the door closes behind him*.

I need a stiff drink. Anything strong. Then you ladies can continue talking. Sorry. Just got a thirst on me.

*His hands shake as he reaches into his habit for tobran*.

How much?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Brother Benos? What ails you father? You are like a man with the hounds of Hayuert baying for his blood.

*She hands him a bottle.*

Twelve tobran. If you are in trouble I could help?

*Philomena smiles at Hetty.*

I am a mermaid, how clever of you!

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:40 am
Posts: 14
Location: Grimney Tattler
You serve Farfell monks here? They are banned from most taverns.

But then...

*She glances at Kalvos.*

Most taverns are not guarded by Elite knights... I must write my journal.

*Hetty produces a quill and a bottle of violet ink.*

Such a interesting scene, in the middle of nowhere!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:21 am
Posts: 12
Location: Farfell Monastery
*He looks at Ketty*.

You'll have plenty to write about soon enough love.

*He unscrews the lid of the bottle and looks at Philomena*.

Gambling debts, angry husbands. But it's not just that. It's a delicate matter. You see. They're coming. And no one can stop them. Only.....

*He swigs from the bottle and gulps it down and wipes his mouth on his sleeve*.

Twelve tobran, twelve tobran. Yes. Oh....

*He smiles and hands her the tobran*.

You're the mermaid with the lovely knockers. The one who objected to rum and raisin soup. Yes. I remember you. You've had the baby then. That's nice.

*He swigs down more alcohol*.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1422, 1423, 1424, 1425, 1426, 1427, 1428 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group