It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1448, 1449, 1450, 1451, 1452, 1453, 1454 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:39 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Yes... Although I think I know what he saw. Just before Kerdisha left, a monk called Triton Fleischer tried to kidnap me! There was a bit of a scuffle! That must have been what he saw... That and Kerdisha leaving.

*Philomena gives a beauty queen smile.*

Bring all your lovely barmaids. Best they are not there when the soldiers arrive.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:44 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Posts: 5574
Location: Lost in Grimney
Oh Triton! Yes! He came to Bumblecrack's looking for you a few days ago. I told him you were at Sir Robert Pearl's cottage. There was something about him, he made me feel uneasy.

Meadow catches sight of the portrait on the bar

Oh Philomena.....that's not the portrait you had done as part of your beauty queen prize? It's horrible.....if you don't mind me saying! Whoever did that must have been fixated on your......your, well your chest!

_________________
http://barbarafromplanetzorg.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
No Meadow... A gnome gave it to me, probably the only thing of me she could see from that height.

*She grins.*

I am going to give it to Sweeney.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:52 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Posts: 5574
Location: Lost in Grimney
:lol: Glad to see you still have your zany sense of humour even though you are a mother!

Goodnight, see you tomorrow.

_________________
http://barbarafromplanetzorg.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:01 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
*She rocks the baby in her arms.*

You are everything that is good and pure.

*Philomena kisses her daughter.*

My apple blossom of love... You look just like your daddy when he sleeps.

*The mermaid settles in the armchair and gently sings the baby to sleep.*

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
I understand your whispers. I kept silent.

*He kisses Philomena*.

Was it right to lie? I trust Meadow, she'd never put us in danger.

*He signs and hugs the mermaid and strokes the babies hair*.

I love you and Karina more than anything in the land or sea, but there are hundreds of men and women like those two in the Militia. Faybre, Drax, Sir Robert and I cannot stand by and allow them to kill innocent people. I mean look what just happened.

*He takes a deep breath*.

You know we have to make a stand. If we smash the Militia, and bring its leaders into the Law Courts of Grimney we could all live in peace and happiness.

*He brushes his hand gently against Philomena's cheek*.

Every creature in Grimney deserves that. And once the duel is won angel, and we are married, I shall fight the Militia legally and honourably without the need for a sword in my hand.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:58 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
*She hands Kalvos their daughter and finishes scrubbing the floor.*

They need to be stopped. Karina is mixed race and they will persecute her for it

*She looks thoughtful and speaks to Kalvos in a low voice.*

There are others that will help us.... The men you mention are all human. I know some of the rebel leaders who wage war with the militia, sword against sword. Will you stand side by side with elves, trolls, krogs, dwarves and mermaids? Or is this for humans only? Thete are good humans who have been outlawed because they have fallen foul of the militia, men that you once called scum although I do not think you meant it.*

*her voice becomes a whisper.*

Vance Scarab and the White Scorpions. Tobias Tave... We could get their help... Vortigern Jett too... He has never told me why he left the Elite but he said he left the miltia because their methods were even worse. I know he plays every side but that is because he trusts nobody and wants to survive.

*She looks at Kalvos and smiles.

They are all victims of the militia too, their lives have been taken away. I think we should use their help and help them in our turn.

*The mermaid stands up and dusts her skirt.

And if Vortigern can give us that list then we cam smash Keeler in the same way. You said we had to give him something he couldn't just take... Well what about our friendship? You two can make up and embrace like brothers and he can be part of our family, a thing I am sure he is lacking. You love me and you can do this.

*Philomena takes a deep breath.*

As for lying to Meadow, yes I did need to lie. She will tell everyone in Gilgara that those soldiers are on their way and that her boss is innocent. By the time those men are missed, it will be commonly accepted the militia left the tavern alive. I wouldn't be surprised if people thought they had seen them... Probably be half a dozen witnesses who will swear they saw them.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 am
Posts: 543
Location: By my lady's side
My Lady Princess, I have done as you asked. I have ordered the tin baths and called for tea with Mrs Green. We had a good gossip, mainly about the latest copy of the Tattler which names Vortigern as the father of your baby.

*She flushes slightly.*

I told her about Kerdisha leaving to go west with her husband... And dropped a tiny bit about the soldiers being here. By the time I left Toraz people were sure they had seen them pass in the dead of night.

*The elf kisses the baby and takes her in her arms.*

Let me care for the baby madame, you look so tired.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:19 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Ugh the Tattler...

*She sighs.*

Yes take Karina... I am going for a ride.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Posts: 5574
Location: Lost in Grimney
Hello, Hello......Philomena...........

That's strange, the place seems to be deserted! We best just sit here and wait....

_________________
http://barbarafromplanetzorg.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1448, 1449, 1450, 1451, 1452, 1453, 1454 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group