View unanswered posts | View active topics
| Author |
Message |
|
PhilomenaAquitaine
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:29 am |
|
 |
| Site Admin |
 |
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm Posts: 7361 Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
|
|
I don't know. You know Vortigern, always playing so many sides at once. Apparently he is up north killing some people called the Clay brothers.
*She shrugs and looks unhappy.*
There is also a rumour that he is working for the Ilnarc. They were at the tavern, by the way, the Brotherhood of Shadow. Black hood and capes like the robber who took Mr Tweed's sword. You should listen to me and get word to the Queen that they are trying to get Gothar's ruby. Trouble with you knights, is you only see an invading army as a threat and think all magic is fairy stories.
I'll be so glad when there are no knights left in this tavern. Just one former knight.
*She kisses Kalvos*
I have found a Master Swordsman to train you, although he was reluctant to help you at first. Thinks there are some powerful warriors who have got you marked.
*The mermaid bites her lip.*
When I find out who they are...
*Her cheeks redden.*
Anyway, his name is Killgin Stark and he will be coming soon. You will need to practice everyday and practice hard. No more cuddling Karina half the day. You'll spoil her anyway and she will end up like her mother, wild and wilful. I might see if I can find a second person to train you as well. Perhaps... Well that is for another day.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
SHAYLE
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:40 pm |
|
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:49 pm Posts: 118 Location: Queen's Elite
|
|
Trouble? It never seems far from the both of you. Does it?
*She frowns*.
The Ilnarc?... You can't interfere with them. They're protected by the Nanstad, the Red Hand. They're like spies.... Secret police. No....
*She shakes her head*.
That would never do.
*She pours herself a glass of water and drinks it*.
And if they do go after Gothar's jewel. They'll never come back. Not only that but they have to find the North Road. And no one knows where the North Road is. Legend has it that only magic can make it appear. And you need the scroll to do that.
*She laughs*
I should just concentrate on getting Kalvos into shape. Little point in worrying about Gothar. He's long forgotten. That's if he ever existed.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
KALVOS
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:11 pm |
|
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm Posts: 729 Location: Holme's Tavern
|
|
*He hugs Philomena and kisses her on the cheek*.
I'm sure we need not worry about the warriors, whoever they are. I still have the ability to fight back, and we do have three knights...
*He smiles and nods at Shayle*.
Including your good self. Staying with us. We're still under Sir Robert's protection. And that means an awful lot.
*Kalvos looks thoughtful*.
And now that you've recruited a duelist to improve my skills we should have little trouble. We have wedding plans to discuss. And Karina has yet to anointed. Although I'm not sure what faith she is, or whether she needs to be of a faith at all. But she was born under the sign of one of the nine prophets.
*He scratches his head*.
Not that I know which one.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
PhilomenaAquitaine
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:24 pm |
|
 |
| Site Admin |
 |
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm Posts: 7361 Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
|
|
You are not very devout so I thought she could be raised as a good mermaid, she is the daughter of a Storm Maiden, it would be very odd not to raise her under the Waterfaith. Lots of singing and Love festivals. True Love and Pure Beauty, the twin devotions.
*Philomena kisses the baby.*
Plus she was born under the Dolphin sign, what lucky stars. I don't expect you to convert, we all find our own paths to divinity and it is the path that is true in your heart that counts. Although I might object if you follow Keeler's path.
*She smiles at Kalvos.*
Wedding plans... Yes. Well what do you want to do? Where do you want to get married? Gwennie will be my bridemaid, she will wear a silver grey dress and I will wear green. Gwennie will make you a velvet frock coat. You haven't choosen a best man yet?
*The mermaid looks a little anxious.*
The duel. Always a cloud over our happiness. An excuse to murder you or others that stand against Keeler. Oh that man! I wish it had been him killed not Leeandra, but then he was too busy trying to force his attentions on me to venture out into the mire with her.
A bad human.
*Philomena shakes her head.*
I hope Stark is a good tutor, I will keep an ear out for any who are better... Oh one thing about this duel trainer... I don't know really how to explain this but someone close to me sold a story to the Grimney Tattler. I am sure you haven't read that rag because it is full of nothing but idle gossip and scandal but there was an article about me recently, very unflattering and it features you... and Vortigern quite heavily and is quite...intimate.. Well this Stark guy has read it and will probably tease you about it.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
KALVOS
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:55 pm |
|
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm Posts: 729 Location: Holme's Tavern
|
|
I am happy for her to be raised in the Waterfaith. Although I do wish her to grow up free spirited, as you are.
*He tickles Karina's chin*.
The Dolphin is lucky? As for me, I’m hardly likely to follow Keeler’s path, not even sure what path he has taken angel.
*He smiles*.
Hopefully he’s gone up the North Road and won’t be back any time soon. Although, I don’t wish him any misfortune. I can’t persecute anyone for their beliefs.
*He kisses Karina and pulls faces at the baby*.
When will she be able to eat fish soup? Well. I think Elios should be Best Man. I would have considered Urat. Or Darius, but fate makes those choices irrelevant. I'm looking forward to seeing you in that dress. As to where we should get married. We'll need to speak to a Minister.
*He looks bemused*.
Really? That’s what happens when you plan to marry a princess. Who sold the story?
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
PhilomenaAquitaine
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:06 pm |
|
 |
| Site Admin |
 |
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm Posts: 7361 Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
|
|
Fish soup? Probably not for another four months at least. Tiny babies like Karina only need milk, surely you know that Kalvos? Why are you looking forward to cooking for her? You can start cooking for me if you want.
*Philomena laughs.*
You are so soppy over her. You know when she grows up we will have to be strict with her, she will be headstrong and spirited whatever happens. Like her mother... and her grandmother.
*The mermaid looks a little sad.*
Not that she will ever know any of her grandparents at this rate... Maybe we could trace yours?
*Philomena brings out the copy of the Grimney Tattler and shows Kalvos.*
It was Meadow. They offered her a lot of money and some sparkly shoes. I'm sure she didn't mean any harm but she can be thoughtless. Its those hacks at the Tattler I blame! I thought they would leave me alone in the mire...but still they hound me. Surely people have more interesting things to discuss than our 'turbulent and torturous love life'?
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
PelloniaGrober
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:25 pm |
|
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:26 am Posts: 26
|
|
What a dump.
*Pellonia looks at Philomena*
You the landlady? I want a drink. Old Spirit. One bottle one glass.
*She throws a bag of money of the table.*
Now.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
PhilomenaAquitaine
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:28 pm |
|
 |
| Site Admin |
 |
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm Posts: 7361 Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
|
|
I'm Philomena, I am running this place for a friend.
*She hands her the bottle and the glass.*
Welcome to Holme's Tavern. No fighting, no credit.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
PelloniaGrober
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:32 pm |
|
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:26 am Posts: 26
|
|
Philomena Aquitaine? I know who you are...Vortigern Jett's latest tart.
*She sneers at Philomena.*
Where is the scumbag? He stole my best horse and I want her back.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
|
PhilomenaAquitaine
|
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:38 pm |
|
 |
| Site Admin |
 |
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm Posts: 7361 Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
|
|
I don't know. Vortigern hasn't been here for months, he drinks elsewhere. Try the Hanged Man or The Pig and Fiddle.
*Philomena looks sympathetically at Pellonia.*
I am sorry about you horse. Perhaps if you tell me how much she is worth I can reimburse you? I am sure Vortigern will bring her back though.
|
|
| Top |
|
 |
Who is online |
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests |
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum
|